Our bodies are designed to take everything we throw at them but sometimes we need a break and listening to our bodies is the best way to give it one. Moodiness, dehydration and fatigue are all signs that your body isn’t functioning the way it should be. The majority of us don’t have the time or knowledge to detox ourselves. Work commitments, lazy habits and zero motivation are just some of the reasons. Our bodies become exhausted and overwhelmed by a number of things: alcohol, smoking, drugs, sleep habits, not drinking enough water and an unbalanced diet.
It is a great feeling to detox your body when you’re feeling lethargic and down. Having a good old detox might be just the thing you need and here’s how to do it:
‘The process of removing a toxic substance’
There are three different types of detoxes.
Stressed out, over-tired, unhealthy lifestyle and skin problems? Are you wondering what will help make you feel as good as new again? First of all, you need to relax because you’re not doing your body or your mind any favours by stressing out. Follow these steps. It’s easy and rewarding.
- Meditation: Find 20 minutes in your day and zone out! Don’t worry if you’re struggling with keeping a blank mind because it takes practice, which is more of a reason to get meditating.
- Facial: The ladies will love this. Order the manicure, pedicure, facial and seaweed wrap. Go on! Go all out and pamper yourself, it will make you feel 100 times better.
- Take time out: Do something that you like. Grab a book, drink tea, or even watch Netflix until your eyeballs fall out. Whatever you find relaxing, make some time for it.
So you’re a bit lazy, eat a bit too much, and don’t exercise? You’re heading towards all sorts of health problems. You need to put a stop to this bad habit and get physical! It takes 21 days to make a new habit. So, follow these steps:
- Set 30 minutes a day to exercise: Take the dog for a walk, go for a run, lift some weights or even mix the three together. Just get off your butt!
- Plan what you’re going to eat in a week: Let me tell you, preparing your meals for the week helps you in 3 ways. 1. When you’re hungry you won’t go for the easiest and most accessible thing. 2. You’ll know what you’re eating and feel good about it. 3. Say goodbye to some kilos.
- Limitation: Limit all the unhealthy foods you eat. Go shopping and aim to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. There are so many awesome things you can make these days. Sweets and treats are there for enjoyment, not binges.
We all go through those tough times when we turn to ice-cream, chocolate, movies and bed for a fix. Honestly, it’s not doing you any good. While it’s nice to enjoy some yummy foods, don’t make it your go-to habit. Try this:
- Vitamin D: Get some sun baby! Sunshine makes you feel great
- Talk to someone: Talking will make you feel a lot lighter. It’s hard but worth it.
- Change your outlook: You control how you see and feel about a situation.
Detoxing is good for your mind, body, and soul. Make it a part of your daily routine, make some lifestyle changes and look for the positive in life. Wake up with a smile on your face and go to bed with one.
Life is too short.