When its miserable outside and it’s the weekend, what is there to do? Get creative in the kitchen! I made protein mousse using Scitec Nutrition‘s Orange Chocolate flavour. While it’s not low carb or keto friendly; it is delicious and a great carb filler. If you’re looking for a yummy treat that still looks after your protein intake, check out the recipe below.
Protein Mousse Ingredients
- 450mL Almond Milk – Dark Chocolate
- 170g Cooking Chocolate – I just used regular cooking chocolate.
- 1 Cup Medjool dates
- 1 Serve Scitec Nutrition Protein Powder – I used Orange Chocolate flavour but any flavour can be used.
- Blend dates and almond milk together until smooth
- Melt cooking chocolate in the microwave
- Blend melted chocolate into date and almond milk until joined
- Add Protein Powder and blend until smooth
- Refrigerate for 4 hours
Macros and Serves
This amount makes 3 decent sized protein mousse desserts. You can make smaller serves, so it lasts longer and reduces the macros per serve.
*Based on 3 serves
Consume within a couple of days and keep them covered in the fridge using aluminium foil or cling wrap.
If you enjoyed reading this, then check out the review of Scitec Nutrition’s Banana Protein Muffins.