For a long time, I braved the wrath of the tingles and that ‘ant’ feeling. I’ll be honest, I never knew there was a product as such PSI, which is a non-stimulant pre-workout. A few years back I was taking pre-workout with all the stimulants and absolutely dreading the buzz. It got to a point where I couldn’t handle it anymore because I would scratch my skin and cause red, blotchy marks all over my skin.
I’d heard of PSI through the EHP Labs Australia/NZ Instagram stories from other athletes promoting the benefits of a non-stim pre-workout and having visited the Sydney Fitness Show in April, I thought I would give it a whirl.
What does non-stimulant mean?
Basically, it’s a product that doesn’t contain caffeine, Beta-Alanine (the tingles) or other central nervous system stimulants.
What does PSI do?
- Increase volume of your cells
- Hydrates your muscles
- Delivers nutrients and oxygen
- Enhances your mood and metabolism
- Increased pump, endurance and strength
- Works synergistically
Understanding PSI Ingredients:
- Citrulline Malate: Helps increase the blood flow
- L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate: Helps improve circulation around the body. It also increases blood flow around the body by relaxing arteries
- Agmatine Sulfate: Assists with the central nervous system
- L-Taurine: Is an amino sulfonic acid that helps with boosting your metabolism. It also had other amazing benefits.
- L-Tyrosine: Helps to increase energy, alertness and mood.
- Norvaline: Increases blood flow, thus causing the ‘pump’.
- Blue Raz
- Kiwi Strawberry
- Fruit Xplosion
Dosage and Macros
1 scoop = 7.5g
PSI mixes well with Oxyshred – ultra focus and fat burning qualities! Prepare yourself for an epic session in the gym.
I absolutely love this product, it one of my go-to supplements, one that I always have to restock because I love the effects it has. Attempt a gym session without any supplements and then try a session with a scoop of PSI, you’ll notice your focus and alertness has increased and your session become more intense. Depending on the muscle group you’re training focus on squeezing and activating your mind to muscle skill and watch your muscle group become ‘swole’. You’ll feel and see the pump from the ingredient Norvaline.
Let me know what you think of PSI. How do you rate it compared to pre-workouts with stimulants?
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or an educated supplement advisor. This product review is strictly based on my opinion and experiences.
If you enjoyed reading about EHP Labs PSI (non-stim) Pre-workout, then check out my review on OptiBurn Amped.